Elevance Health Provider Network Management Director in Costa Mesa, California
Provider Network Management Director
Job Family: Digital and Technology
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Aug 01, 2022
Req #: PS73083
California, Palo Alto
California, Woodland Hills
California, Rancho Cordova
California, Walnut Creek
California, Costa Mesa
Location: Remote, California
The Provider Network Management Director develops the provider network through contract negotiations, relationship development, and servicing for large health systems and includes multiple provider types, hospitals and capitated physician groups (not just one of these provider types).
How you will make an impact:
• Serves as a subject matter expert for local contracting efforts or in highly specialized components of the contracting process and serves as subject matter expert for that area for a business unit.
• Typically serves as lead contractor for large scale, multi-faceted negotiations.
• Serves as business unit representative on enterprise initiatives around network management and leads projects with significant impact.
• May assist management in network development planning.
• May provide work direction and establish priorities for field staff and may be involved in associate development and mentoring, but this position will not have direct reports.
• Works with the most complex providers such as large hospital systems, large capitated medical groups, and providers in areas with significant competition.
• Contracts involve non-standard arrangements that require a high level of negotiation skills and strong quantitative skills
• Works independently and requires high level of judgment and discretion.
• May work on projects impacting the business unit requiring collaboration with other key areas or serve on enterprise projects around network management.
• May collaborate with sales team in making presentations to employer groups.
• Serves as a communication link between providers and the company.
• Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in contracting (value based, shared savings and ACO development), provider relations, provider servicing; experience must include prior contracting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Requires travel 20% statewide if residence is outside of State of California.
• Must be California resident or have experience with California contracting experience.
• Familiar with CA managed care provider market strongly preferred.
• Familiar with Medicaid managed care.
• Familiar with capitated or risk contracting.
• Experience with capitation and hospital contracting.
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Quantitative skills for advanced contracting and negotiation experience.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (email@example.com) or call 1-877-204-7664